Shipper / Receiver
Commercial Truck Equipment Co., a leader in the truck equipment industry is looking for reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in our Delta branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, a full driving license, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated.
The Shipper/Receiver coordinates all incoming and outgoing shipments and ensures the quick and efficient processing of all necessary paperwork. The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for ensuring the Company’s Movement of Goods procedures are adhered to.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and process all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Ensure all forms and paperwork are accurate
- Inspect goods and report any damaged item(s) to the purchaser
- Ensure goods received and shipped are properly documented
- Maintain shipping and receiving log books
- Maintain Movement of Goods file
- Observe and practice Company`s Safety Policy
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, safety, and quality control standards
- Shipping, receiving, and warehousing experience an asset
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license (driver’s abstract must be provided)
- Able to drive counter-balance forklift in a safe and responsible manner
Skills and Attributes:
- Well organized
- Ability to improve processes and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to deal effectively with other Team Members
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Independent; able to work under minimal supervision
- Time managements skills
- Team player
- Thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Willing and able to work outside normal shift schedule as required
- Capable of multiple and challenging priorities on a daily basis
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Please feel free to contact Bill Paterson, Parts Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line with the subject line ‘Shipper/Receiver’
We thank all who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.